Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pom Pom Owls, Reverence, and Possible Nursery Fun



Earlier this year I saw a fun idea to get your new sunbeams to hold still and stay in their seats over at this blog and it got me thinking about how fun it would be to use in nursery.  So here's the plan for fall singing in nursery

I'm gonna make these darling pom pom owls
and then make some Big Nests (circles) with baby owl eggs in them (do owls lay eggs . . okay that was such a blonde question I'm embarrassed I even typed it but it's funny so I'll keep it!) for the kids to sit on.  I'll encourage them to keep their nests and eggs warm by sitting on them and their little hands still by helping their owls be reverent.  

This idea could also work well for those kids that are super wiggly and need tactile things to keep them focused!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love the owls! This was really so effective for our Sunbeam class last year. Hope it works great for your nursery!

    ReplyDelete